I never know how exactly to start introducing myself. Of course it depends on context, I wouldn’t begin by listing my academic achievements at a friend’s birthday dinner or by detailing my family background on the first day of work. But the safe option of “Hello my name is … and here’s what I do” sounds so unimaginative.
So I thought it would be fun to come up with a list: what are some unexpected ways that you can introduce yourself?
- State some things that you dislike.
- Describe yourself using adjectives you wouldn’t use for dating apps.
- Share some positive observations you have about the people around you. (How you see other people can reflect a lot about yourself.)
- Tell the story of your most recent failure. And what you learned from it.
- Talk about what you want to do in the future instead of what you are doing now or what you have done in the past.
- Sing or rap your way through your spiel. Dance moves optional.
- Be concise and engaging, but don’t mention your name.
And that’s all she could think of tonight! Trying to post daily, whatever content that might be.
Thanks for reading,