After being absent for a week or so, I happily logged on with an itch to write something, anything, one of the things filling up my thoughts; only to find in surprise that I had gotten my very first award! And not for the most inconsistent or all-over-the-place blogger like I expected would be the only title I could deserve at the moment.
Thank you to my friend at greenembers.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am honoured and will do my best to live up to it. Little did I know how long a process this post would have… but here we go!
As per requirement, here are 11 random facts about moi:
1. I love earmuffs almost as much as scarves.
2. I set my alarm at least a half an hour early in the morning so I can press sleep a couple of times.
3. I buy $100 pointe shoes that last about a week because I love dancing.
4. My parents let me buy the above because they love me.
5. I enjoy car naps.
6. Some of my favourite things to watch are Planet Earth, The Big Bang Theory, Nostalgia Critic, The nature of Things, Dragon’s Den, and Arthur.
7. I own an Acer Aspire One notebook laptop.
8. They say don’t judge a book by its cover but sometimes I do.
9. HARRY POTTER not Twilight.
10. I think it’s funny that people so love to talk about themselves as to make this a rule to receive this award.
11. I am currently studying Stoichiometry in chemistry.
And these are my answers to the questions that have been bestowed unto me:
1. What is the best way to spend one dollar (or currency equivalent)?
A forgotten gem at a used book sale.
2. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The sound of velcro hooks being ripped from the loops. Oh, and people reading over my shoulder.
3. What is your happy thought that makes you fly?
I am alive with a fully functioning body.
4. Who is your favorite Doctor?
Doctor Who? I don’t know, maybe my orthodontist.
5. If you could be one super hero, who would you be and why?
Superman because he can fly.
6. The question is this: Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite… would you like a toasted teacake?
Of course, who has time to ponder about such things when there are teacakes?
7. What is your quest?
To figure out who I am. And save the world from global warming.
8. What is your favorite color?
All colours! If you must, green.
9. What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Faster than a laden swallow.
10. What is your favorite sport?
Ballet. If I wasn’t a dancer, probably swimming. Or basketball.
11. Who is your hero and why?
Hmm… my parents because they moved to a whole new continent on the opposite side of the globe for their family’s future.
The rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
My nominees for the Liebster:
Oops. I almost forgot. Here are my 11 questions for you:
1. What’s the name of your alter ego?
2. What is your favourite Disney movie?
3. If you could meet anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be and why?
4. What is your angry music?
5. Milk or juice for breakfast?
6. When do you find the time to do your blogging?
7. Fly the highest places on earth or swim the deepest depths of the ocean?
8. Is the grass always greener on the other side?
9. Have you ever seen a ballet, if so, which one? (And if you haven’t, you really should. Cough, biased, cough. But seriously.)
10. Buttons or zippers?
11. What is your most recent goal in the journey of life?
The rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Copy and place the award in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers for the award, tell them by posting a comment on their blog.
Because I do not have much time and do not want to feel obnoxious, the 7 things about myself are just going to be counted in with the 11 I already wrote.
My nominees for the Inspiring:
Because I don’t want to spam people as I understand not all participate in these awards, I won’t be commenting on every nominated blog. I am also feeling tired and lazy so I might get around to doing it anyway at some point.
And because WordPress is full of such wonderful people, check out these blogs as well if you have time:
(And don’t forget to have a look at nominator greenembers as well 🙂
Thank you all bloggers for sharing your thoughts and inspirations – I am always excited to discover more of what humanity has to write. How I appreciate this articulate side of the internet…
Thanks for reading,